Saturday, June 9, 2007

Melissa, Kalina, Liam and I travelled to Saturna Island the other day so that I could look at some property Ian and I were interested in out there. The trip was an adventure and the property a bust!! We took the direct ferry there in the morning. It was Kalina's first time on a boat!! We checked out the property when we first arrived: tidal river...more like a mud flat!! Here are our babies in their new umbrella strollers by the ferry terminal on Saturna Island! A beautiful view!! Aren't they adorable!? We also got to stop over on Mayne Island on the way back. What a trip!!

Here we are at the Saturna Island winery. This was the highlight of the trip for me. Neither of us had ever been to a winery, nor had we ever done a wine tasting!! Now we have and it was very fun! The lunch at the bistro was awesome! We enjoyed our purple pineapple dessert, too! The building has the most amazing view across the vineyard to the ocean and the other Gulf Islands. The wood used to construct the building was actually brought over from Mitchosin where Melissa lives! As beautiful as Saturna Island was, I don't think I would like to live there; it looks just like home, but without all the much appreciated ammenities of life on Vancouver Island. I think I will just stay on this island instead!!

No comments: