Monday, April 2, 2007

Liam Reid Teschke in the flesh

This is a picture of me having a contraction during our 34 hour labor. Horrible pain. Period. Good thing I had Ian to grip onto, although I think I injured him at times!! And ahh, ginger ale. The best stuff on Earth! Almost as good as the ice water they finally let me have after the delivery!!
Here is Liam just minutes after delivery. What a cutie! He was yanked out of my belly by Victoria General Hospital's Dr.Ridyard at 10:53 am Tuesday February 20, 2007 . He weighed 7 lbs 1.8 oz and was 19.25 inches long. Ian cut the cord and got to announce to me, "It's a boy"!! As soon as I heard him start belting out the wails, I was crying with tears streaming down my face uncontrollably. One of the most overwhelming moment of my life!



This was the first time I laid eyes on my baby boy. I was mesmerized. It could have been the drugs though!! It was so strange to finally meet this being that had been living and growing in me for 9 months. To see those little limbs that kicked and punched at my insides and to see that little bum and little head...all of him. It was a very surreal moment for me. A vague memory now!





Here is proud Daddy holding his tiny, crying son for the very first time. I wonder if he had tears in his eyes!! Apparently, Liam had real tears when he was first wrapped up and passed off to Ian. I guess babies don't often have real tears so young, only "tear-free" cries and wails. Not our boy!! Liam is all about authenticity! Shortly after this picture, Ian and Liam were lead to the recovery room as I was sewed up again. And then they were alone, together. Yikes! Ian thought, "What do I do now?!"

No comments: